Home Lyfestyle Three indoor plants to say goodbye to mold and humidity in your...

Three indoor plants to say goodbye to mold and humidity in your home

153
0

Humidity can affect our home by ventilation and insulation problems And, because of it, mold can start in the home. Mold is a fungus, specifically a microorganism, formed by a set of mycelia that manifest in multiple ways, depending on the species (there are more than 100,000 different ones), and in different colors such as red, black, green and gray.

To prevent mold from spreading and causing a problem in your home, and also for your Health, there are plants that can help limit or prevent the appearance of this fungus.

It starts with a small appearance but can end up covering a large area in your home. Mold can cause serious health problems such as asthma, allergies, irritation, inflammation, breathing problems, and rashes. And, to avoid or remedy the problem, a possible solution is to place plants that can capture moisture and reduce mold on walls.

Read:  These are the animals forbidden as pets, some of them will surprise you

Asparagus or Asparagus

Your ideal place to catch moisture is the bathroom. It is a bushy and smooth perennial that develops between 25 and 7 degrees centigrade. It is recommended that you give it filtered, not direct light, so it is better to place it behind a window.

Begonia

Suitable for all places in your house. It is a perennial plant that cannot stand cold and frost, it prefers constant temperatures that are not too cold. It is very colorful and can bring life to the house.

Aspidistra

Perfect to absorb all the humidity in the home. Easy to maintain for the most careless, it coexists perfectly with humidity and reflected light.

Read:  Ideas to dress your house for Christmas without spending a lot of money

Harmful effects on health

Inhaled or ingested mold spores can cause very adverse health effects, especially of the most vulnerable ages such as infants and the elderly or groups of people with asthma and allergies, with cancer who are receiving chemotherapy treatment or who have received an organ transplant, and ultimately, all those who by whatever reason they have a weakened immune system.

What consequences can we have if we expose ourselves to mold? The clearest symptoms are chronic fatigue, fever or headache, irritated eyes, irritated mucosa of the mouth, nose and throat, sneezing and chronic cough and skin rashes. But, in extreme cases of exposure we may find ourselves with sickness, vomiting Y bleeding in lungs Y nose.

Previous articleThe Mercadona sweet that everyone is talking about and that has been put on sale again by popular request
Next articleAna Obregón will not give the bells after testing positive for covid